Vacancy: Service Technician – Volkswagen @ Western Motors Group
Responsible to: Workshop & Technical Manager
The Western Motors Group are a leading national vehicle dealership for Volkswagen Passenger, Volkswagen Commercial, Skoda, SEAT, CUPRA & Mercedes-Benz Aftersales, with dealer locations in both Galway and Drogheda. We are rising to the challenges of our ever changing and growing industry and embracing the Volkswagen Group drive of digital transformation in mobility, modernising and digitalising the entire company in the process, so this really is an exciting time to come on board.
The Volkswagen Group have a rigorous commitment to quality and excellence. Our products are highly acclaimed, our processes for distribution and support services are world class and we have some of the most technologically advanced resources in any industry.
About the role: Our Technicians are a key role within our Aftersales division ensuring customer satisfaction in the service and repair of vehicles.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing work as outlined on job cards with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Volkswagen brand retailer standards.
- Communicate clear and precise information to the workshop supervisor in relation to timelines of repairs and maintenance.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair with confirmed authorisation.
- Perform vehicle health checks and service cams to identify outstanding service maintenance and safety repair standards.
- Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with warranty and dealer requirements.
- Following repairs, carry out road-testing of vehicles to ensure a high quality of workmanship.
- Work with other workshop and dealership colleagues to provide excellent customer service and to share best practice.
- To communicate with the Parts department to obtain parts needed
- To perform vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Maintain an organised and safe work bay.
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- An education with a mechanical or electrical background within the automotive industry.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-changing industry.
- Motivation to develop your skills and knowledge and demonstrate a performance driven mindset.
- Ability to communicate and succeed in a dynamic team environment, contributing positively to the collective environment and team spirit.
- Motivation to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment that constantly evolves with new technologies and work methods.
- You are required to have a full clean driver’s license.
What we offer:
- Permanent Position.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Full Master Technician career training path.
- Access to Company Pension Plan with a range of benefits.
To apply you can call Ross Hancock for an confidential chat or please email cover note and curriculum vitae to email@example.com